Thursday, November 02, 2006

Bored

So since I work in the same building as my dad, he has been coming
over to me and asking me if I know how to do things. It is a little
annoying since I have my own work to do sometimes when he comes over.
Plus he has his own people that should be doing his work. I will give
this to him, he comes to me when they can not figure it out. Anyway,
he wanted a way to convert pdf files to doc files, and I found one way
with a program that is apparently installed only on my computer.
Anyway, after it was done he was complaining that the files were not
quite what he wanted. He wanted all the header and footers to be
automatically made so that he can change it on one page and they all
change. He had a guy doing it by hand, and I suggested that he should
write a visual basic script to do that. I got these blank looks from
his and the other guy, and I knew that I had to get out of there. It
was almost as if I had said something so evil that they wanted to hurt
me. Apparently suggesting thing that make people feel stupid is not a
good idea. I did not realize that neither one of them had never wrote
a script before in VBA.

Anyway, I just had a problem in a spreadsheet that has over 20000
entries, and i wrote a little script to fix it, and it only took me
five minutes instead of prob two hours to change it manually. I love
knowing how to do these things. I wrote you because you prob know how
long people do things because they do it by hand instead of just
writing a little script to do it. Anyway, I really wrote this to kill
some time since I know have it thanks to my script.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home